Kia contacted me to do a Valentines Day dinner for her husband, Kabuchi, and herself. We created the following menu:
- Green salad with raspberry balsamic dressing
- Appetizer: White wine shrimp and pasta
- Entrée: Crab-stuffed Filet Mignon in a whiskey peppercorn Sauce
- Side Dish: Sautéed asparagus in olive oil, garlic and balsamic vinegar
- Dessert: Apple Crisp: a baked apple dish with brown sugar served with Vanilla Ice Cream
I arrived at their beautiful new home about 5 PM and met Kia and Kabuchi for the first time. After discussing what service I would be providing that evening, I began preparing their special dinner in their lovely kitchen. Kia had purchased some nice red wines for the dinner, of which I opened one and served for them. We took our time, having great conversation about whiskeys (I used Makers Mark for the whiskey peppercorn sauce and Kabuchi and I sampled some. During the service, Kaleb, their (almost) 3 month old son awoke to see what was going on. The service completed about 9 PM. It was a very nice evening and the food turned out great. Below are some photo’s that Kia took.